Good news! The house was appraised over the weekend and we are good to go with the mortgage. I never realized all that was involved in buying a house. And how soon after you put in an offer it all needs to get done! Although it has been stressful I am trying to appreciate the fact that we don't have to sell a house! I can't imagine trying to coordinate all of that. Glad we don't have to this time around :)
So Monday marked 2 months until closing. I really want to start packing and getting ready, but it would be ridiculous living among boxes for that long. We really don't have all that much stuff. Thankfully (in more ways that one) we are going on a cruise in a week and a half. That is sure to break up the time! I have never gone on vacation to someplace warm in the winter before. I am a little nervous about packing. I don't even remember what 70 or 80 degrees feels like! I'm sure I'll figure it out though.
We will be cruising down to Key West and Mexico two weeks from now. The trip sort of got overshadowed by buying a house, but I know that it is much needed after the past month and a half. Tom won this "free" cruise by filling out a form at the Phillies game. All that was required was to listen to someone talking about pre-paid vacation packages... and to pay some taxes... and to accept the date that THEY pick for you. Looking back on the process, I doubt we'd do it again, but it'll still be a fairly cheap vacation. Now we just have to figure out how we want to get to the Atlantic City airport (I didn't even know they had an airport!).
No comments:
Post a Comment