March 31, 2011

Reflections on my 26th year

Wow! Can't believe I am 26 years old! I have to say it does seem funny to be closer to 30 than I am to 20. Other than that, I can't say I feel any different. Two weeks ago I was in Chicago wandering around the train station trying to figure out which train to get on when an older gentleman came over to help me (clearly I looked very lost). While he was telling me where to go he also told me that I look like I am 12. When I finally got on the train I was reflecting on his comment and it actually made me laugh out loud. A few years ago a comment like this would have bothered me, but now it's just absurd. I am over 2x that age!

Anyway, my real purpose for this post is to reflect on some of the achievements and fun things that happened during my 26th year on this earth. I will list a few...

1) Tom graduated from Law school. No more school!!!

2) We got involved in a small group at our church. We have made new friends and have grown closer to each other and our Lord.

3) I passed my last Society of Actuaries essay exam. (Only a few modules to go now.)



4) We put an offer on our first home! (I would say bought our first home, but we haven't gone to settlement yet. Two weeks!!!)5) I went on my first cruise.

Some of the things I hope to accomplish during my 27th year are (in no particular order)...

  • Get my FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries)

  • Have a successful move into the house

  • Get back into shape and run another half marathon

  • Become a prayer warrior

  • Go on more dates/take more long weekend trips with my husband

  • Throw more dinner parties in our new home
I am so blessed to have loving family and friends to spend this crazy life with! I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment